Monday, December 17, 2012

James Donaldson Book Review: A Terrible Glory by James Donovan ****

James Donaldson Book: A Terrible Glory by James Donovan **** 

 

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_1?asin=B002V1L9NI&qid=1355630044&sr=1-1 

 

I’m not typically a fan of “shoot ‘em up westerns” (because they can be so predictable), but I found this book fascinating as it kept my attention throughout and felt as if “I was actually there” at Little Bighorn myself.

 

The author did a wonderful job in conveying what Custer and his men must have been going through, yet portrayed the victors in this battle… not as savages (as they’re depicted way too often), but as thoughtful, strategic, intelligent men who won a battle.. fair and square.

 

A really good read for those who appreciate history, yet like the truth to be told as much as possible about both sides of the coin.

 

Standing_above_the_crowd_postcard

 

No comments:

Post a Comment