Monday, January 9, 2012

James Donaldson: Live at the Laoshe Teahouse in Beijing, China!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM5NTAxMzcy.html

 

James Donaldson and Raymond cracking 'em up at the Laoshe Teahouse in Beijing, China.  

Laughter is universal!!!

http://qwips.com/5fpjl6

It's not quite ShowTime at The Apollo, but I had a great time being introduced to the great Chinese crowd at the world famous, Laoshe Teahouse in Beijing.

The laughs were so real and everyone had a great time!

Here's a little insight that I found out to prepare me for the jokes:

- The Chinese are very shy and modest about "baby-making and where babies come from", so when you call someone an "action taker".... it means "they've been getting down in the bedroom"

- The comment about me being a "Colored Great Wall" isn't nearly as sensituve (to me or to them) as that might be taken here in the States.  Matter of fact, during my Sonics days I was part of the Winnebago Wall along with Jack Sikma and Lonnie Shelton... so, not much difference there!

- Also, I kept hearing what I thought was the "N - word" everywhere I went, but the people where actually saying "nega", meaning "look here, or listen up", when they're having a conversation. (smile!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment