Saturday, June 2, 2012

James Donaldson and the WSU Cougs vs. USSR National Basketball Team in Pullman - 1977

Every once in a while, great memories are shared with me from friends and fans alike from around the world.  Recently, Gary Miller, WSU Class ’78, sent this great photo to me from 1977. 

It is a game of WSU vs. the USSR in Pullman.  I remember this game as if it was yesterday.  I specifically remember not being the biggest guy on the floor as the Russians had a guy who was 7’4”!!!, J and another couple guys on the bench who were 7 footers!

The USSR Women’s volleyball team was on the same tour, and I met one of the volleyball players in the weight room… she was able to look me straight in the eye because… she was 7’2” just like me!  Wow!!!

The game???  Who knows? ... Who cares? ... I’ll go with the WSU Cougs on this one! (smile!)  

 

Washington_state_university_vs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment