Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm Making the Move From LP's To Digital - Come Go With Me As We Walk Down Memory Lane!

I'm finally getting around to converting all of my old LP's/albums that I haven't played in years (but I don't want to throw out) from vinyl to digital files.

It's a great project and it's going to take me some time, but I'm trying to do a couple a day when I have the time.

I'm sure that you'll remember quite a few of the songs that I'll be mentioning, especially if you were around in the 70's, 80's & 90's.  Great times for music and a lot of fantastic groups from "back in the day".

I'll keep you posted as I go.

1 comment:

  1. Today I'm converting my Isley Brothers albums to digital. They always been one of my favorite groups and looks like I'll be working on converting these for quite some time seeing that I have over 30 albums of theirs alone!

    We're really going to be going to memory lane with The Isley Brothers. I'm posting "The Heat Is On" album featuring such great hits as "Fight the Power (Pt. 1 & 2)", "For the Love of You (Pt. 1 & 2)", "Sensuality (Pt. 1 & 2)" and "Make Me Say it Again Girl (Pt. 1 & 2)".

    I remember gathering around with my friends when we were in junior high school and singing the lyrics to "Fight the Power". We thought that we were so cool saying the retrain of the song where they say "I try to play my music, they say my music's too loud, I tried talkin' about it, I got the big runaround. And when I rolled with the punches, I got knocked to the ground, but all the Bullshit goin' down". We used to shout out Bullshit at the top of our lungs so that everyone could hear us... and then look around hoping we wouldn't get in trouble for saying a "bad' word.

    Remember those days?

    Enjoy favorite song on The Heat Is On album is "Make Me Say it Again Girl (of course, Pt. 1 & 2). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThcLgtkTxxU Why did most of their songs have Pt. 1 & 2 when there wasn't any discernible difference between the two in the same song?

    Anyway, enjoy The Isley Brothers "The Heat Is On Album!

    ReplyDelete