Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm Making the Move From LP's To Digital - Come Go With Me As We Walk Down Memory Lane!

I'm finally getting around to converting all of my old LP's/albums that I haven't played in years (but I don't want to throw out) from vinyl to digital files.

It's a great project and it's going to take me some time, but I'm trying to do a couple a day when I have the time.

I'm sure that you'll remember quite a few of the songs that I'll be mentioning, especially if you were around in the 70's, 80's & 90's.  Great times for music and a lot of fantastic groups from "back in the day".

You'll probably notice that I'm a "romantic at heart" and I love the old love ballads that I grew up with such as The Tempatations "A Song for You", or Rick James and Teena Marie's "Fire and Desire".  How about Luther Vandross and "A House is not a Home"?  Powerful soul singers like Marvin Gaye with his "Let's Get It On" and "Here My Dear" albums.  Don't forget Larry Gramham and his big hits "One in a Million You" and "Just be my Lady".  My man Teddy Pendergrass and his classics "Come On and Go With Me", "Turn off the Lights".  What about Barry White and "I've got so much love to give, it's going to take a lifetime"?  Let's not forget the great women singers back in the day like Natalie Cole and her songs ""I Can't Say No (if you ask me)" and "Our Love".

"Wow, don't songs like that bring back memories?.... good and not so good memories?  I you're like me, you can probably remember exactly where you were, and what you were and doing, and who you were doing it with on so many of these great songs. (<:

Of course, I could "funk it up" with the best of them back in the day too with some of my all time favorite groups such as George Clinton's Parliment and Funkedelic bands.  How about Bootsy Collins?  Everybody say Bootsy!!!  How about Cameo?  The Bar-Kays?  Sly & The Family Stone?  Con Funk Shun?   

I'll provide a nice mix of R/B, soul, easy listening, jazz and I might even have a little country to throw in there from time to time. (smile!)

So, sit back, relax, click on the video links and enjoy our walks down memory lane.

I'll keep you posted as I go.
   

James

1 comment:

  1. A little more Isley Brothers for you all!

    Here's the Harvest for the World album. A couple of great songs are "(At Your Best) You Are Love", and "Let Me Down Easy".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWyxTPWuCk8&feature=fvst

    Wow... great memories!

    ReplyDelete