Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm Making the Move From LP's To Digital - Come Go With Me As We Walk Down Memory Lane! (featuring Rick James)

Okay, now I’m really going to get you moving with one of the funkiest R&B artist of all time!  Rick James!!!  I know you know who that is and you’re enjoy the collection that I’ve been able to amass over the years.

This afternoon I’m playing his “Street Songs” album from 1981 and my favorite songs on it are “Give It To Me Baby”, “Ghetto Life”, Super Freak”, Call Me Up” and of course the classic “Fire And Desire” with the one and only Teena “Vanilla Child” Marie as they belt it out.  It’s a shame that these amazing artist leave us way too soon!

So, here is a video clip on “Fire and Desire” featuring Rick James and Teena Marie

Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment