Monday, September 12, 2011

Standing Above the Crowd Chapter Summaries and Excerps - Chapter 8: - Attitude

In thinking about how to begin this chapter on attitude, one of my favorite quotes by Charles Swindoll came to mind. I like this quote because it really hits home with so many of the things we deal with in everyday life.

“I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.”

Swindoll goes on to say that the one remarkable trait we have a choice about is the attitude we will embrace for that day.

It’s true! We get wrapped up in what happens to us instead of focusing on the things we can make happen—with a positive attitude. I get teased quite a bit by a lot of friends who say that I always seem to be up and have a positive outlook on life with my “happy go lucky” approach and a seemingly ever present smile on my face. I’m not overly Pollyannaish by any means, but I learned a long time ago that it takes more muscles in your face to make a frown than it does to make a smile, so why not smile! I remain optimistic and keep a positive attitude, despite what’s going on around me. That doesn’t mean that I just sit around and take what life has in store for me; it means doing my part to make life even better. It helps to have a positive and optimistic attitude.

Cover_Copy_-_James.pdf Download this file

James Donaldson’s - Standing Above the Crowd book is now available in ebook format! You'll find it on Amazon (just type my name into the search bar)

Of course, to order your own personally autographed copy for only $19.95, please go to www.StandingAboveTheCrowd.com and James Donaldson will personally autograph your book to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment